Sunday, October 09, 2005

Forgive me, I'm new at this...

Ok so I think I'm going to buy into this whole blogging trend and start writing crap for random people to read on the Internet.

Now I was a journalism major in college, mind you, but don't expect any well written columns coming your way via this blog. I'm trying to put aside my fine Maryland education and ignore all grammar rules...........OK who am I kidding, horrible grammar and misspellings are two of my biggest pet peeves. Along with stupid Ravens penalties! And on that note....

So the Ravens really blew the big one today. Not only did they lose to a horrendous Detroit team, but they let the game get out of hand. They set a franchise record in penalties (21) and were one shy of an NFL record. How pathetic??

How can this be the same team the National media was heralding as a playoff contender in the preseason? How can this be the best defense in the land? Hell, I don't even think this defense is the best in the Land of Pleasant Living!! The Ravens have two subpar lines! J.O. is older than my grandmother. He's a big oaf who, let's just all admit it, is past his prime. He is not the Pro Bowl run blocker he was once. And please don't get me started on Orlando "Zeus" Brown. Why the Ravens wanted damaged goods in the first place is beyond me? As I like to say around my house, "If I ever see him, I'll throw a flag in his GOOD eye!!"

Then in the off season, Baltimore decides they want to screw with Pittsburgh and sign Keydrick Vincent. BAD MOVE!! He sucks! Why do you think the Squeelers didn't want to resign him? He's old and slow!! Wait...what's that I hear?? Oh it's just the tremendous laughing coming hundreds of miles away in Pitt.

The defense is a whole other story. Baltimore's defense is so old that if you added up their collective ages it would be older than GOD!! There was a stat up during the game today that showed the number of Pro Bowl appearances by members of the defense, both starting and on the bench. They collectively had more appearances in the Pro Bowl than Detroit receivers had starts! Sounds good, but also shows the defense's age. If they had the players they have now 3-5 years ago, Baltimore would have been the latest dynasty, not New England. This defense is just too old to keep up with all these young receivers. Football has evolved, but the Ravens' defense still thinks it's living in the year 2000!! (haha, I just thought of the Conan O'Brien skit "In the year 2000!" Classic!)

Please don't get me started on the offense. With the targets they have like Derrick Mason, Todd Heap and even Mark Clayton, the offense should be producing. Personally, I don't think Kyle Boller even got a chance to prove himself this year, but according to Baltimore fans, they've seen enough. As you will all find out eventually, I'm totally in love with Kyle Boller. He has potential (not to mention he's a total hottie!), but Raven fans are too fair-weather to give the kid a shot. They were calling for his head on a plate, and they had the nerve to cheer when he went down in the first game. Everyone wanted Anthony Wright. Now they don't want him either. Wright makes the biggest mental errors. For example, in the first half Terrell Suggs (another moron) gets the Ravens first interception of the year. The Ravens have the ball in the Red Zone and are looking for the endzone. It's third and goal, last chance. No receivers are open and Wright is scrambling. Instead of throwing the ball away and settling for a field goal, he forces the ball into triple coverage!! And we can all guess where this is going...INTERCEPTION!! It's just stupid errors. That INT was his second of the game, the first being a piss poor pass attempt to Derrick Mason (Mason was towards the sideline; the pass was way to his left). Even I was calling for Kordell "I *heart* wood...um...I mean I'm not gay" Stewart by the middle of the first half.

One word to describe this team today was PATHETIC. The Ravens looked it, they acted it and they played it. Well I guess you could use another word there too, SHIT!!

No comments: