Thursday, September 07, 2006

I have reason to believe that I have victories to taste

He did it again...Andy keeps his hopes alive at the U.S. Open. He finally got past the grandslam hurdle that is Lleyton Hewitt. Andy was winless against him in grandslams. The match was electrifying!! I swore it would go to 5 sets, but Andy surprised me and a few others by winning in straight sets.

He looked amazing! He was hitting these shots that just seemed impossible to make. I couldn't even describe the shots to you; they were that amazing. Hewitt looked old and outplayed. Andy dominated. He was in that mindframe where he knew he was going to win! It was awesome to see him play that way!

After the match, he was asked if the old Andy was back. Andy simply answered, "This is the new Andy Roddick!" I could not stop grinning after this comment from Andy and neither could he. I'm excited for the "new" Roddick and can't wait to see him continue with this great play! He needs to get his game in shape because I'm sure somewhere down the road Roger Federer is waiting.

As a closing remark, I'll leave you with this quote from John McEnroe at the end of the USA telecast last night, "At least there's one A-Rod playing well in New York!" (you know I had to get my Yankees dig in there! ;-))

No comments: